Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Into The Jungle - A Short Story

Once upon a time a guy loved a girl a lot. The guy was Manav and the girl was Romi. Manav was little off the girl’s status. Romi was well-off by every means. She would come to date Manav on her dad's luxury car,but Manav was totally not accustomed to the life she lived in.


On a date, in a car, Romi found every move of Manav a little bizzare. His expression to automatic doorlock, the use of GPS navigator, his demeanor of freqeuntly tapping foot on the floor mat and fidgeting the shirt collar was more than enough to read that he was feeling awkward. On the otherhand Manav thought- “ I must be a puppet to her. Why would she even let me in her life ?”



On the next date, she came on a public cab. On the backseat of the cab, Manav and Romi sat like strangers. Finally, Manav held the hand of Romi but she didn’t took notice of that as she was busy looking outside. Then Manav strengthened the hold of her hand.



Romi turned her head towards Manav. They shared their first kiss. It was such a desperate and passionate kiss that they even fogot where they were headed for. Driver intervened in the middle of their romance “ ah ah…” – cleard his throat “ So,where are we going?



Manav left the hold of his hand from Romi’s head and asked “ where are we going?” “I don’t know.”- answered Romi

Then Manav leaned to towards the driver and said –“ towards the National Highway 74.”


Manav asked the cab driver to stop the car at a point where

highway was running through the jungle.
“This is where I live.” - Manav said
 "What?"- Romi startled “ You mean in this jungle”
“Yup” – Manav
“You must be kidding” -Romi .
“No, I am not.”- Manav
Romi stood in front of Manav with crossed hand on the chest and bewildered look on her face.
“ Come with me” Manav grabbed the hand of Romi and they walked side by side through the small road into the jungle. Romi was already sweating with anxiety.
" I thought he is a decent guy. Is it that he wants to have sex in the woods?" Romi thought. Romi frequently expired a forceful gasps of air while manav dragged her deep into the jungle.

"I made a terrible mistake by accepting to follow. I should not have given a clue to my heart by kissing him. What if I  don’t get turned on here in this lousy place. Is he going to rape me?"- Romi monologized.
Finally stopped and questioned "where are you taking me? "
“Towards  the wildest fun you can ever have.”- Manav answered with a witty look. "What , wildest fun “ Romi stammered with fear “ What is that ?”
" I’m sure you have never been through anything like the adventure you are witnessing in few minutes from now."- Manav cajoled Romi.

"Fuck you! dumbhead, you would not even imagine how freaked out I am right now."- Romi thought and continued walking.
Walking for a while, Romi shook her hand of the Manav’s and roared- " I don’t wanna go deep in the jungle.”
Manav-"But you have not even entered the fun yet"
Romi exclaimed-“what do you want?”
“What do I want???"- Manav shrugged his shoulders and replied with a puzzled face -" I  want nothing, I want you to be happy with me. I want peace."
"Peace by hurting someone, I guess"- Romi retorted.
Manav-" Am I hurting you? I guess not”
Romi - "Yes, you are. I have never been to a jungle. Besides your idea of jungle romance sounds so dumb to me.”
"What"- Manav leaned his head forward with a bulging eyes. And then he begged Romi to follow him to some distance ahead.
Romi thought-" Where is this dumbhead taking me?”

Far into the woods Romi saw a gate of flowers in a dome shape.
" Finally the rape scene is there. I’m sure he is taking me there." romi thought
Romi just closed her eyes and remembered god.
 "Oh god! please guide me to the right thing" Romi prayed in every single steps to the gate.
As the gate appeared closer, she saw that they were approaching a dead end, into the verge of that jungle.
"Where are you taking me?" Romi started crying "Are you going to kill me?"
Manav hold the head of romi and said "No, baby you are getting inside entirely a new dimension of your life" Manav kissed her though Romi was rejecting.

Then Manav went for something on the gate and next they were sliding on their back through the dark narrow and slippery tunnel. Romi shouted at top of her lungs before she saw light again. As she opened her eyes, she saw things that she has never seen ever in her life. She was in a waterpool and a waterfall was over her head. The waterpool was surrounded by a garden of orchids and treehouse there next to the garden. Everything looked so colorful that she totally forgot where she was.



Without telling a word, she got out of pool and walked towards the garden and plucked a green flower. All of a sudden a group of squirrels surrounded her and started making noise. She was scared. Manav squeakd an inconspicious sound and squirrels went away.



"How did you do that? "- Romi asked Manav with an amazed look.

“What?”- Manav

“I mean you signalled something to those squirrels. Are you some kind of a magician? I can’t believe this is happening.

“I am wildlife biologist."- Manav declared in a soft tone.

“Seriously”- Romi commented as if she heard it wrong.”Well
all this time you pretended to me as an illiterate jerk and yet, i liked your innocense so much”
" I’m indeed an innocent guy." Manav said.



Romi ran towards Manav and threw her at him with her legs around Manav’s waist and hugged him. They kissed and started undressing eachother. Manav took her to the pool with her body still tucked to him.

With a low tone romi said in the ear of Manav-" I love you"

and Manav replied " Well I do love you, but would you stay with me here forever."



Romi-" Ok, but in one condition."

“What ?" – Manav


"You’ll have to make love to me in this pool, in the orchid garden, in the treehouse and all over this and as much as I want."

“So, let’s get started”- Manav
And they burst into laughter, while a flock of birds flied above their head

The End

3 comments: